Wednesday, June 5, 2013

ANCIENT SADNESS

On the road…..May 2013. I stopped on the way home and...





















On the road…..May 2013. I stopped on the way home and bought the fluffy hat at a service station. I've always wanted a hat like that! 

ANCIENT SADNESS - Love Is Enough (live original)



ANCIENT SADNESS - Love Is Enough (live original)

Live version of original song "Morning Light" from...



Live version of original song "Morning Light" from the upcoming album AWAKE IN THE DARK - DUE OUT 2013!

Hello internet! Check out my new cover of The Killers song...



Hello internet! Check out my new cover of The Killers song "When You Were Young". It is quite different from the original. Also have an amazing day and don't forget to smile! - Tom :)

Live cover of the song "Rise" by Eddie Vedder from...



Live cover of the song "Rise" by Eddie Vedder from the movie soundtrack "Into The Wild".

Photo's from the Cat Power concert on March 1st 2013 at...



















Photo's from the Cat Power concert on March 1st 2013 at Newcastle Panthers club, Australia. She was amazing as always! Somehow she creates a special atmosphere that is rare and precious. Truly one of the greatest musicians of our time. 

Website - New Design!!

Hey people of internet land! The ANCIENT SADNESS website has been updated! New design, easier navigation, and more!

Check it out here - AS OFFICIAL WEBSITE

It would also be awesome if you could take the time to help grow our presence on the web, by liking our facebook page!

If you would like to, you can here - AS OFFICIAL FACEBOOK

Thanks! Have a great day! - Tom :)

Check out the new promo video for "The Dreamer In...



Check out the new promo video for "The Dreamer In Me" !!

Buy it now on -

ITUNES

CD BABY 

The first single from the upcoming album (Awake In The Dark) is...



The first single from the upcoming album (Awake In The Dark) is out now!

Grab your copy of "The Dreamer In Me" today!

Itunes - Click Here

CD Baby - Click Here

Album Update ....

Hey folks! Just a quick update on what’s going on. 

Drum tracking is coming along great and the songs are sounding close to finished. Unfortunately due to time limitations and Christmas being so busy, there has been a small change to the release plan.

A single “The Dreamer In Me” will be released this month (December).

The full album “Awake In The Dark” will be released early next year, sometime in late Jan / Feb 2013.

I know there has been a lot of delays in releasing this thing, and I am probably the one who is most frustrated by them. Unfortunately that is the trade off in independent releases, they suffer from unforeseen circumstances, available time, and money restrictions. The songs are sounding really great with the new drums / percussion and it seemed like a shame to rush now to meet a deadline and not be completely happy with the final result. There has been so much work put into the writing, editing, recording, and all of the rest of it and it feels right to give the drums the same amount of respect and time. So this final (fingers crossed) delay will result in better songs overall! 

I am happy that there is a definite end to this chapter and excited to progress to the next part, getting a band together and getting out there playing live! 

2013 is the year ANCIENT SADNESS goes public and launches the full album! Looking forward to it all! 

Have an awesome day / night peoples! Rock on!

- Tom   : )

Album Update ....

Hey people! Just a quick update on the progress of the album.

I’m excited to say that everything is moving along really well! I’ve found a new drummer to finish tracking the songs that still need it. All of the other recording is almost completely done. The mixing process is under way, and all of the album artwork / release type stuff is moving along quickly. The album will be released online in December! Physical copies to come at a later date.

Anyway, it’s all happening and I can’t wait to share the music with you all! Keep an eye out for more updates and info on the release and what not! 


Check out the ANCIENT SADNESS Website here - AS WEBSITE

For the latest news join us on Twitter here - AS TWITTER

And “LIKE” us on Facebook here - AS FACEBOOK


Have an awesome day / night everyone! - Tom




ANCIENT SADNESS new album "AWAKE IN THE DARK" due...



ANCIENT SADNESS new album "AWAKE IN THE DARK" due out December 2012!!

Wake Up Donnie ….













Wake Up Donnie ….

ANCIENT SADNESS - THIEF (OUR LADY PEACE COVER)



ANCIENT SADNESS - THIEF (OUR LADY PEACE COVER)

ANCIENT SADNESS - Sad & Beautiful World (Sparklehorse Cover)



ANCIENT SADNESS - Sad & Beautiful World (Sparklehorse Cover)

Thoughts ....

This year has been quite a journey, and it’s not finished yet. Making an album from a home studio is hard. A lot of the time you work alone, stay motivated alone, doubt yourself at times, and go from feeling like you’re on the right path, to feeling like giving up. I guess anything that is important to you can drive you a little mad. 

I don’t regret the choices I’ve made, and I’m happy to be doing what I love. Today I realised that things might actually work out. Today is a good day. I have been stressing about the deadline I set for the end of this month of October and how I’m not going to make it. Today I was driving along and realised that it doesn’t matter. I’ve been working hard and things are progressing, so why rush it now. The album will still be out by the end of this year, so let it be finished properly. With this single thought I felt my stress fall away and I got more work done than I have all week. It’s amazing what a simple thought can do to heal the body and mind….

Have an awesome day or night peoples! Live like you mean it and have fun! - Tom

Album Update ....

Hi everybody! I just wanted to give an update on the album progress.

I have been working really hard to get this thing finished by the end of October like I planned, but there are a few delays that may cause it to take a little longer. 

There are still some tracks that need drums recorded and some of the other recording parts have taken a bit longer than expected as well. Also on the other side of things, it has been a bit daunting and time consuming organising the release details, eg. album artwork / business type stuff / etc.

I will continue to spend all of my time getting all of this done. I’ve actually spent some time this week refreshing my energy and renewing my motivation so that progress can be made.

The album will definitely be released by the end of the year. I’m still trying for end of October / November. Check back for more news as it comes. 

Have an awesome day! - Tom

Myspace is making a comeback! I've always believed! Good...



Myspace is making a comeback! I've always believed! Good luck Myspace : )

Here's a new original song I wrote the other day. Hope you...



Here's a new original song I wrote the other day. Hope you like it - Tom :)

You've got to love that feeling that summer is just around...



You've got to love that feeling that summer is just around the corner …..

1 comment:

  1. Do you need free Facebook Followers?
    Did you know you can get them AUTOMATICALLY & ABSOLUTELY FREE by registering on Add Me Fast?

    ReplyDelete